The Mudsharks is a swim team program for children who want to improve their swimming skills.
What will I learn in this class?
Participants improve the finer details of competitive swimming and develop advanced techniques, sportsmanship and team spirit. Students focus on increasing speed, strength and conditioning alongside mental skills such as time management and goal-setting.
What are the benefits of this class?
Our swimmers place well in local international swim meets and a number of representatives and age-group champions compete at overseas all-Asia invitational meets. This team is also a member of the Japanese Amateur Swimming Association and several of our swimmers compete and make the finals at this highly competitive level.
Who will teach this class?
Head Coach Simon Hadlow is an Australian level-one-certified instructor with more than two decades of experience at the competitive level. Coach Hadlow leads a team of highly experienced assistant coaches who motivate and educate swimmers throughout the course.
Assistant coaches: Farid Stas, Benny Edriansyah, Marcin Nowakowski
Competitive Development Squad Requirements
Swimmers need to be highly committed and focused on practice to succeed at meets. Three practices per week are required, but swimmers should plan to attend as many as possible. Flexible scheduling is possible. Swimmers should also plan to compete in at least one away meet per session.
Mon–Fri | 5:45–7:15pm
Fri | 6–7:30am
Maximum six practices per week
Session 1: Jan 7–Mar 22 | ¥40,370 | registration starts Dec 4
Session 2: Mar 25–Jun 7 | ¥40,370 | registration starts Mar 5
Session 3: Aug 19–Oct 11 | ¥29,840 | registration starts Aug 6
Session 4: Oct 14–Dec 13 | ¥33,350 | registration starts Sep 24
Mudsharks Swim Team Tryouts
The program is multi-leveled and tailored to the individual needs of each and every swimmer. New swimmers to the Mudsharks must go through a tryout held during the practice time and day of the group the swimmer wishes to join. Previously recorded meet times may be used to determine appropriate levels.
• Swimmers must wear goggles.
• Female swimmers must wear swim caps (optional for male swimmers).
• All swimmers are required to wear Mudsharks team swimsuits and swim caps (for sale at the Pool Office) during practices and at swim meets.
• Mudsharks swim kit: swimsuit, swim cap and T-shirt.
• Participants are required to attend a minimum number of sessions to remain in good standing.
• Participants must follow instructions and conduct themselves responsibly at all times, both at the Club and while taking part in off-site events.
• Participants training with the Mudsharks should compete at swim meets for the Mudsharks.
• Failure to abide by these standards may result in removal from the program; registration fees will not be refunded in such cases.